Thursday 30 November 2017

Mamma Mia 2!

On Thursday, I was lucky enough to go to the set of Mamma Mia 2 which is being filmed in Shepperton Studios. I was invited to go on set as my dad is currently working on the film as camera operator and he wanted me to see the scene he was filming which was a dance and musical scene. This was so interesting and the set and costumes were amazing. I got to meet the director named Ol Parker who was very nice and let me sit in his directors chair and watch the pre trainer for the film called the sizzler. I also meet the main actress on the film who plays the young Donner called Lilly James known for staring in Cinderella and Baby Driver.
This was a great opportunity as it gave me an insight of what it would be like to be working in the film industry and what it would be like to spend the day on set. I was surprise at the amount of times one shot would take and how they had to redo it multiple times just to get the right take. I also was taken back at the amount of people involved and the different jobs everyone has, such as lighting, focus puller, hair and makeup, extras, dancers, doubles, runners, camera assistance, dance choreographers, producers and directors. This did not only help with my media but also my interest in dance as I could see first hand experience of what it would be like to work on a film as a dancer.


Image result for shepperton studiosRelated image



Image result for ol parker directorJust Like That, Lily James Makes Lingerie Red Carpet Appropriate



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Moderator