Saturday 14 October 2017

Award Winning short films

To gather more information for my short film, I researched 2 different drama short films that won awards. I did this so that I could see why they were so successful and the type of techniques the used to make there work as best as possible. I also looked at them so that I could gain more ideas for my work.
2016 Sofie Award Winners
Best Narrative to a short story

I couldn't find the full short story but I watched the trailer to get a taster of how the short story is.




Empty-
Award winning social realist drama as it follows Kiera, who struggles through day to day life, while suffering form effects of an eating disorder.
This short film was perfect research for me as I will be looking at girls who are living with an eating disorder too. I thought this short film was very well shot and had a moving storyline. I particularly liked the scene where she had voices repeating in her head as it really showed the audience what she's going through. I also liked the high pitch noise ringing in her ears. This became uncomfortable for the audience, making us empathise for her.
AWARDS:
Winner - Silver Dollar Film Festival 2016 - Best Series
Winner - Madhouse Movies Film Festival 2016 - Best Short Film
Winner - Texas Ultimate Shorts Film Festival 2017 - Best Drama Short




A Social Life
A Social Life is a short film about a career driven woman named Meredith who's living the life she's always dreamed of... online. Meredith strives to live a balanced life: staying fit, working hard and connecting with her friends; she is creating her "image" within her broader social media friend base. But she awakes one day and realizes that her reflection is merely the collection of photos that she has shared with others.
Awards- Canberra International Short Film Festival, where it was awarded the prize for Best International Actor and most recently has won Best Ladies First Short at the Lady Filmmakers Festival in Pacific Grove, CA








No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Moderator